Thursday 16 April 2020

A Return to the Blog

More than a few years (well about eight) have passed since my last blog entry and much has happened.

Sadly Woldsend Tom is with us no more he passed away in November 2012, a brave cat to the last, braver than me. It was as if he knew his time had come. He is much missed to this day and always will be.

There have been other losses within my small family which have resulted in less time for nature walks but my time has also been taken by happier events. Miss Woldsend arrived in 2013 and in 2019 Master Woldsend (Tom), arrived. Children are a delight and although nature walks have been combined with their outings it is hard to capture wildlife images without stealth, a skill children can find difficult due to high levels of excitement. To find time to add to this blog has been difficult but a determined effort is now being made as the intention to return was always there.

This blog is slowly being transferred to a new website and hopefully there will be many more experiences to provide content.

So today I have a moment in the garden. It is a beautiful spring day with clear blue sky. The trees are full of blossom and light green leaves are appearing.

This time of year a certain blue butterfly appears. I understand it is slowly moving north and I hope to see one every year. It is the Holly Blue  and I have seen my first of the year today. I managed to get a photo of it on a holly bush in the garden but it seems to have moved on now.



No comments:

Post a Comment